Status
Not open for further replies.

oscar

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I live in Illinois, I have eight redfoots and two greek tortoise. I had my first hatchling red foot today there were three eggs laid in July. I hope that I can keep it going and trying to find information to help me do this on the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Oscar:

Welcome to the forum!!

Nothing better than opening the incubator and finding new babies! What a lucky tortoise keeper you are. Take a look around our redfoot forum and I'm sure you'll get plenty of info on keeping your baby alive and healthy.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
(echo)

welcome to the forum...!!!!!!!!

looking forward to pictures! we love to ooooooh and aaaaaaaaah!

teri

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D What a simply amazing time it is, to see a hatchling that you have waited so long to see and whom came from your own tortoises! Just have to share photos so we can all drool over them!

oscar

10 Year Member!
Illinois
update on hatchling redfoot. Out of the three eggs that were laid in july only one hatched. I have purchased a infrared temperature gun and it is a lifesaver for me. I have kept his tank temperature at 80 to 83 degrees and using a 100 w ceramic heat emitter for top of enclosure and is controlled with a johnson control 419. also have a under tank heat pad controlled with a rheostat. using sphagnum moss for substrate and have a clay flower pot cut in half for a hide. He has been eating small bits of curly endive.
When son comes home from college I will have him show me how to post pictures.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum can you post picture's as tortoisenerd we love to see pic's:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.