new leopard! weight&pictures (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
so after a long time of searching craigslist and newspapers, ect, i have finally found a leopard tortoise to call my own! i did not want to buy a baby because they are harder to care for and also, i just wanted to save an unwanted one :) a man in the military no longer had the space for him, so he was shipped to my house friday!

i'm leaning toward it being a male, but i have some plastron shots so maybe you guys can figure it out for sure.

he weighs 6.5 oz and is 4 1/2' long :) the previous owner said he bought him from a reptile show in Fl on 4/4/11 and he was sold as a "hatchling", although the age they sell the babies at varies with every breeder i guess. so i'd say he's in the 2 year range.

he woke up today, had a nice soak, and i fed him some dandelions and mazuri with orchard grass hay mixed in :)he didn't eat the muzuri, but his previous owner said he loved timothy hay (odd, i thought babies didn't like it) but he ate all the greens i gave him :) goes in his hide at night, soaks in his water dish when he wants and i got him a cuttle bone!

i just want to do right by him :) tell me what you think.

Attachments

• kdjbgdo.png
    kdjbgdo.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 118
  • kdvg.png
    kdvg.png
    617.3 KB · Views: 43
  • ouhsvbsdbv.png
    ouhsvbsdbv.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 101
  • kugjv.png
    kugjv.png
    516.5 KB · Views: 48

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Fantastic save and what a beauty...now, I will be the first to say that I am not that confident in my gender guesses, but I am going to put out there that I believe you have a female....

Wait round for the others and their better calls at the gender :p

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Much too small to tell the sex, your tortoise will most likely start showing sexual characteristics in the 7-8 inch range. Looks like a small female right now though. :) Sounds like he/she is getting extremely great care.

Status
Not open for further replies.