New leopard tortoise advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

debsandco

5 Year Member
I'm just about to purchase a new leopard tortoise 6 months old. There is a lot of confusing advice with humidity, substrate, and type of enclosure etc.

Any advice would be helpful

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
This forum will be an excellent tool for you. You should read Tom's threads for sure. His advice with our tort has been really valuable.
Congratulations on joining the Leopard Tort family. They are fantastic little guys.
Can't wait to see your pictures, do hope you'll post soon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The best advice I can give you is to ignore all the stuff the pet shop tells you, and read the "Important Threads" at the top of the leopard section and at the top of the Sulcata section (care for both specie of babies is the same).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I totally agree with both of the previous post. Pet shops and most other sites are filled with bad or old info that doesn't do it any more. Toms threads are below in my post. They all are great reads.

ripdsawyer

5 Year Member
Ohio
debsandco said:
I'm just about to purchase a new leopard tortoise 6 months old. There is a lot of confusing advice with humidity, substrate, and type of enclosure etc.

Any advice would be helpful

Listen to these people...they know what they're talking about. They're still ironing me out lol.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Yep, definitely read and follow Tom's advice in his threads. They're also in my signiature. Please post pics sooooon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.