New Indian Star

Stellarthtort

Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I just barely got an Indian Star. He is 8 years old and his name is Stellar. I just wanted to ask about the enclosure and if yall have any tips. My aunt can't care for him anymore and he was given to me. He is well established. I also was curious about wandering. I live in north Utah so there's snow on the ground 1/2 the year. Is there possibly a large indoor enclosure I need? I got him a nice and big enclosure and I did all the research I could and got him what I think he needs. But again, it would be responsible to ask the experts! I need any and all advice from you guys. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I just barely got an Indian Star. He is 8 years old and his name is Stellar. I just wanted to ask about the enclosure and if yall have any tips. My aunt can't care for him anymore and he was given to me. He is well established. I also was curious about wandering. I live in north Utah so there's snow on the ground 1/2 the year. Is there possibly a large indoor enclosure I need? I got him a nice and big enclosure and I did all the research I could and got him what I think he needs. But again, it would be responsible to ask the experts! I need any and all advice from you guys. :)
Hello and welcome. He needs a 4x8 foot closed chamber that is heated and humidified. You can let him have some outdoor time in the warmer months with a safe enclosure. He should never be loose outside or in the house. Always in is safe enclosures.

Here is the info to catch you up to speed, and there is a start tortoise care sheet near the bottom along with a heating and lighting break down for you.