new horsefield poorly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0903

5 Year Member
Hi I have a new female horsefield, she is urinating with thick white sticky stuff in it, not the normal white looking stuff but very thick and sticky, I've not seen this from my other horsefield who is male, can anyone help please

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like she may just have really thick urates. :( Try giving her lots of warm water soaks and see if things improve. Other then that she is eating and acting fine, correct?

jem0903

5 Year Member
Shes eating ok maybe a little less than I would expect, having only had her a month im not sure what her normal appetite is, she is staying in her hide all the time and only comes out when I physically take her out, she will bask for around 10 mins eat and go back to sleep, not sure if its just the time of year my man is very active still tho. I've been doing warm soaks, she hates it and just tries to escape she doesn't urinate/poo at all in the baths which I find strange? I am very worried about her, I'm new to the area so will try to hunt down a good vet, maybe she needs checking over?

jem0903

5 Year Member
I finally noticed she had come out her hide today, still not moving or eating a lot tho:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.