New food ideas for sulcata

Savannnahrae

Location (City and/or State)
Washington, PA
I have a 15 year old sulcata who I feel is bored with his normal food, looking for suggestions!
It’s winter time here so either have to be able to grow indoors or get at the market.
thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have a 15 year old sulcata who I feel is bored with his normal food, looking for suggestions!
It’s winter time here so either have to be able to grow indoors or get at the market.
thanks!
What do you feed him now?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Tom's thread here lists food options for sullies

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Right now lettuce, orchard grass and cactus. With the occasional pepper and other veggies. In the summer lots of grasses and weeds.
This sounds pretty good already. Mine primarily eat orchard grass hay and opuntia pads. I throw in mulberry leaves, grape leaves, Mazuri, weeds, pumpkins and assorted other items occasionally.

You don't need a lot other than the orchard grass and opuntia, but if you've got money to spend, you can add in arugula, endive, escarole, cilantro, collards, turnip and mustard greens, bok choy, and assorted other grocery store greens in moderation. Mazuri is a great supplemental food too. Either the LS or the original 5M21 type.

Savannnahrae

Washington, PA
This sounds pretty good already. Mine primarily eat orchard grass hay and opuntia pads. I throw in mulberry leaves, grape leaves, Mazuri, weeds, pumpkins and assorted other items occasionally.

You don't need a lot other than the orchard grass and opuntia, but if you've got money to spend, you can add in arugula, endive, escarole, cilantro, collards, turnip and mustard greens, bok choy, and assorted other grocery store greens in moderation. Mazuri is a great supplemental food too. Either the LS or the original 5M21 type.
Awesome. Thanks so much!!! Just wanted to make sure he wasn’t missing out on anything.