New Boxie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
Yesterday I went to Julie's house from SDTTS and adopted a box turtle. I am not sure what type he is maybe a mix and ya all know I don't post pix so we can't play the guessing game. Julie thinks it is a male, but that is not a for sure. After all the work and money I put into Trudy's enclosure I thought she needed a fella to share it with. Well I guess she doesn't really need a fella, but I thought it would be cool :). Any way Julie has a lot of rescues that need homes. It was really cool to see so many tortoises and turtles. They were all in nice pens.
My 12 year old son and I were in the sulcata pen while she went inside to answer the door and we noticed that the torts were following him. It was really funny. Then I figured out it was because he was wearing his Nike Zigs and they have a thick bright red sole. The sulcatas were so sweet, like puppies with shells.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
We did not name him yet. We have to get to know him first.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Way to go! You should ask Julie to join us... and to share pictures of her place. :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I need to send Ginny the TFO info. She wants to put the web-site address on their web-site. She asked for enclosure pix to post and I told her oe check out the ones on TFO.
I will E-Mail Julie about posting pix also. I think she would like the exposure. BTW SDTTS is having an expo in Bal Boa Park this weekend :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Nothing like a new boxie...or tort. I wish you could post pictures Angi. Could you send the picture to my e-mail and I could post it?

Status
Not open for further replies.