New Baby Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
April 28-09 at 6:20 am Egg # 1 pipped and at 6 pm this is what egg #1 looked like and egg #3 just pipped (you can barely see the crack)
P4280138.jpg

Here are the pics I took this morning of Egg #1
P4300249.jpg

Egg # 3 cracked out of its egg this morning while I was trying to take a pic-in my hand! What an amazing feeling.

Egg #3 a belly shot
P4300277.jpg

Here they are in the incubator in their own little bowls
P4300284.jpg

Just looking at the camera
P4300316.jpg

I'm still waiting on egg # 4 to hatch. I don’t think Egg # 2 is viable.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
OMG! I WANT ONE! Remember what I said about homes! ;) Such beauties, right out of the eggs! I love greeks, they just have the best little expressions!

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Such round little butterballs! Adorable. Thanks for posting the photos- love em!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Congrats Robyn, they are beautiful!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh you just have to melt with the photo of that little chubby cutie!!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I showed these pics to my mom (who is head over heels for Anouk) and she said "oh my goodness! But I bet that's nothing like meeting them in person!" She really just melted when I introduced her to my baby.....I finally got her into Cresties too (she adopted some retired ol' girls) perhaps it won't be long until she has torts too! [especially since we were shopping around today for supplies for Nigel's outdoor enclosure---and she's doing "research" on it right now! Because nothing was up to our standards :D]

Pictures are the gateway "drug" so to speak! I know that's what got me.....:p

muddled

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
They look so small and squishy! <3 I agree, it must be amazing to see them in person, especially having hatch in YOUR HAND oh gawd. Congrats!

FunnyGirl

5 Year Member
My gosh - they are cuter than baby pigs. They made me cry! I am NOT a mush-puppy - I am NOT.

The dates on the eggs, are they the date they were laid or that you found them? Do the different species have different - what do you call gestation in eggs- times?

What are the other #'s? The mother? How do you know #2 is not viable. I am assuming you don't touch them.

Amazing
Congrats and just in time for mother's day!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
The last or #4 egg pipped last night. Pics will follow when she hatches.

Well to answer some questions asked. They are amazing to see in person. I have friends that don't so much like torts that when I tell them I have a new one hatch they have to come by and see it. (They say they don't like tort-ha).

The Numbers on the eggs are the date they were laid the time I found them, the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 etc are the order I picked them up in. (I have not as yet seen her lay or those Numbers would be the order they were laid). and I weigh them so they have the wt of the egg. I do pick them up and candle them but I am careful to put them back in the same orientation I picked them up. I have even checked the first pic to make sure. # 2 only has a small strip of embryo that has developed and you can see it when it is candled. The rest is just liquid, even the veins are not visible any more. Eventually if left in the incubator it will explode and smell bad. When you candled the ones that are ready to hatch the whole egg is pretty much dark with only a small what looks like an air space.

This clutches Mom is Echo and dad is Ajax. They are a natural cross of T. graeca Antakyensis and Jordanian/Israeli Greeks, per our Danny. Both parents have orange tints to their skin. They are both WC I believe.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Awww Robyn those babies are just too cute :) Congrats!

M

Maggie Cummings

Well..I know that there's been enough time since they hatched and I watched for the UPS man today....but he didn't bring me one, I'll watch for him again tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.