Need help Russian and Redfoot tortoise care info

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelover2495

5 Year Member
could anyone please tell me some more tortoise care for the redfoots and the russians. i am probably going to getting either a baby redfoot or a baby russian tortoise for my birthday. The girl at the pet store was talking about misting the tortoise in the morning and at night before i go to bed and regulating the temperature for the tortoise and make sure its getting what it needs and that i cant just feed a tortoise regular green lettuce because it lacks the proteins and stuff it needs. and to feed it fruit somtimes but not all the time.

between the different tortoises can anyone please tell me and be specific about which fruits and greens, and is there any vitamins i can feed the tortoises like aquatic turtles have reptomin tablets and stuff, and what should the temperatures be for the tortoises in there tank?

i dont want to be known as the guy that raised his tortoise the wrong way.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Nathan:

The best advice I can give you is for you to read through our past threads on the subject of both tortoises. We really can't help you unless you have specific questions, as the redfoot and the russian take different care. It would be very time consuming for us to give you a tutorial, while it would be much easier for you to do the the reading and THEN ask us specific questions.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
you will need two seperate enclosures if you have both types..
the girl at the petstore sounds like she knows what she is talking about..
russians eat mostly leafy greens/weeds
redfoot--can eat more fruit then some species and also needs more protein.

Status
Not open for further replies.