My tortoise isn't moving or eating much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuranbo

5 Year Member
I've had a Cherry Head Red Foot for four months now. I left the country for almost two of them, and my parents continued to take care of him (we didn't move his tank or anything). When I came back, he was doing fine, but for the last few days he hasn't moved much out of one side of his tank and won't eat much at all. He used to have phases where he would do this for a few days and then eat a lot, but it's been almost 5 days and he's still not doing much. I have gotten him to eat lettuce, but I'm scared that if that's all he eats he really will get sick.
Is this normal or is he really getting sick and should I take him to a tortoise vet?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Sakuranbo:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

At the first sign of something wrong, I always give the tortoise a good, long warm soak.

Sakuranbo

5 Year Member
Hi, my name is Mina and my tortoise is Sakuranbo. I live in Kansas in the US, but we are moving north for school soon.

I'm letting some water warm up a little now for him! thank you so much!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
A good soak often helps. you will also want to review the cares, diets, etc. You can be doing something a little wrong for a long time and have things suddenly go bad on you.

You can try my site below for info- the articles in it or the links to other good sites to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.