My one eye Redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazoa

5 Year Member
After reading the recent post it brought back memories of a little gal that hatched out about 3 1/2 years ago with one eye. I felt terrible because I had raised my incubation temp's to fluctuate between 89-90 trying to produce females. Well hind site is 20X20 and now all my torts are incubated at 84 degrees and no further problems have surfaced. I took the little gal to the Daytona Expo and had Peter Pritchard and a well known Vet Dr. Rossi look at her. They said she is healthy and will not pass this lack of an eye on. Here are pics of her and she gets along great and lives outdoors with my other redfoots. She's is my One eyed Pirate! ha Richard

myoneye2.jpg
[/img]

myoneye.jpg
[/img]

amazoa

5 Year Member
Alan RF said:
I can't see your picture :( glad she's okay ;)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Sorry about the picture not showing up for you. I recently started using Photo Bucket and still trying to sort it out. Here are the pics loaded as thumbnails and they should work for you. Thanks for the words of encouragement :)

Are the larger pictures showing up for most of you at the beginning of my thread?

I recently started using Photo Bucket and still might be having some issues. Thanks in advance for letting me know if you are able to see the big pictures as my thread comes up......Richard

Attachments

• myoneye2.jpg
    myoneye2.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 58
  • myoneye.jpg
    myoneye.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 56

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
She'll do great. I had a hatchling a few years ago hatch out with (get this) no eyes! Both eyelids fused together and sunken in, indicating no eyeballs whatsoever. She's done great, however. She spends up to 4 hours at the food bowl at times, because she only gets a bite of food every 3 misses, but otherwise she has thrived and grown. I do feel a little sorry for these disabled tortoises however =/.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Shes very cute, even with one eye, the poor thing Nice color. Glad she does okay.

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Eastern, PA, USA
I had a one eyed eastern box turtle for about 10 years. Her name was UNO! She had an empty socket with no eyelid so i assumed it was congenital. She ate great and had a few clutches of eggs.

When I found her I was eight and I had no idea how wrong it was to take her and about five others out of the wild. Thankfully she and the heard ended up in a nature center that will care for them properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.