My new Redfoots in their new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
N2TORTS said:
Very nice set up!..... Great job~.... you will have some super happy torts:)
'Hats off to ya for building such a wonderful enclosure! Very pleasing to the eye , and awesome for your Rf's.

JD~:)
PS.
The torts ... will *love* the grape *leaves* when they come in ..! :p

And the grapes, too ;) All part of my evil plan :D :D :D :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow that looks incredible!!! What lucky little torts!! You have such great enclosures for all of your babies, I love it!
I tried to grow a grape vine but it died- boo. Love that shelter/shade idea!! So creative.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
kyryah said:
N2TORTS said:
Very nice set up!..... Great job~.... you will have some super happy torts:)
'Hats off to ya for building such a wonderful enclosure! Very pleasing to the eye , and awesome for your Rf's.

PS.
The torts ... will *love* the grape *leaves* when they come in ..! :p

And the grapes, too ;) All part of my evil plan :D :D :D :D

** OH yea ..... A couple of big hollowed out logs laid sideways ... would be nice ...it would provide some " hide" areas for the RF's and fit into your hardscape. Also consider a " thick "mossy type " section...( possibly along and under the logs) .. they love to burrow in it.
Nice job once again! :)

jejton

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Very nice enclosure. I'm working on mine ( well more like planning on it but would like to get it done by mid-June ). What kind of wood did you use ? I'm trying to decide what untreated wood would be rot resistant while in contact with the ground, yet not break the bank. Also what did you do to ensure they wouldnt dig out ?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I didn't use untreated wood. I used railroad ties, and then attached the fence to those. I ran a search on the forum and a lot of other people use the railroad ties also.

I didn't use anything to keep them from digging, I wasn't all that worried about it with the Redfoots. They aren't as big of diggers as, say, Russians.

JD, there are two half logs in there already, you can see one to the right of the picture. Another one is on the left side, but you can't see it in the picture because I am practically standing over it. I have a couple of other to use but the need a little modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.