My New African Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiep713

5 Year Member
A friend of my moms' African Tortoises finally bred and now three months later I got my new baby Sulcata :) his name is Asteroid and he is the cutest thing in the world!
I can't wait for him to grow all big and huge, even though I know it will be a while.
But look at how cute he is sleeping :)

image-395328717.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute, but get rid of that pellet substrate. That is old bad school. Read Toms threads at the bottom of my post. I have a feeling the breeder may have kept them too dry and under hydrated, which is also bad old school way. Raising them they way that is described in Toms threads, will give you a healthy, smooth large sulcata.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
animalfreak said:
Awe!!! And about the substrate I've had bad experiences trust me! Lol I finally changed it to Eco earth.

That's about all you will get with the pellet substrate, is bad:(

katiep713

5 Year Member
Alright I will do that right away. I just went with what the pet store people told me.
Thanks for the advice :)

Amber_123

5 Year Member
katiep713 said:
Alright I will do that right away. I just went with what the pet store people told me.
Thanks for the advice :)

If there is ANYTHING ive learned the last couple days I joined here is to absolutely never listen to pet stores. I did and I was doing everything wrong. I suggest you pm Tom, sibi, or redfootsrule, they have helped me soo much!

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Nice little baby you got there! Btw the guys are right about the substrate. Glad to know youre changing that :D

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Amber_123 said:
If there is ANYTHING ive learned the last couple days I joined here is to absolutely never listen to pet stores. I did and I was doing everything wrong. I suggest you pm Tom, sibi, or redfootsrule, they have helped me soo much!

Yes I agree with you completely!!!! The pet store people told me the pellets too but it's bad the Eco earth is a whole lot better!!

mytortET

5 Year Member
Welcome to TFO! You'll be happy you're here. There are a few knowledgeable people on the forum who are always happy to offer advice. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.