My Leopards in the rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jersey C.I.
hi its absolutely pouring down outside, so i dont want the leopards to go far into the main enclosure. because they just get cold and i have to search for them to get them back in the shed.i have restricted them to the concrete basking area for now, so they can go in and out the shed as they want.personally i would stay in the shed.please note i dont have the new heat and light system up and running yet. but its built all i need is to save enough money for the lamps and controller.
61010001Small.jpg

61010002Small.jpg

61010003Small.jpg

61010004Small.jpg

61010005Small.jpg

Terry

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Beautiful tortoises! I know what you mean about having to go look for them. I have quite a few different types of tortoise and when I first got the leopards, they were the ONLY ones that didn't go back into their shed in the evening. For about three years, I had to go around the pen trying to find them and put them up at night. Then I enlarged the "rain forest" for the Manouria, and took away about half the leopard pen and since that time, in a smaller pen, they always put themselves away at night.

Your tortoises all look great. Your doing a wonderful job growing them smooth. And I love your shed too.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
hi thanks for looking Missy and of course Yvonne,i do agree about the leopards.when mine are restricted in bad weather they come and go during the day just as i planned.during the summer they rarely return to the shed even though i leave a bribe in there late afternoon.a tray of weeds with half a chopped cucumber.i find the males are worse maybe they get chilled sooner.
terry

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
thanks again for looking and the kind comments.the shed is over 10 years old now so looks a little battered .but is still doing its job.definately money well spent.
terry

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
GREAT looking tortoises! Can we see more???

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
GOD! Talk about a tease! Those pictures are GREAT! I wanna see EVERYTHING! I love that enclosure! Please post more pics from EVERY angle...showing EVERY nook and cranny!:p

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
it doesnt rain all the time and the leopards really take adavantage of the fine weather to graze.
81008025-1-1.jpg

5610001Small.jpg

17110Small.jpg

18409001Small.jpg

281008013Small.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Those are some smooth shells!! Thank you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm surprised they haven't decided that the pampas grass is where they want to be. My daughter had pampas grass and OUCH! That stuff is BAD!!

Badgemash

5 Year Member
Ha ha! I love the pic of the two of them trying to get through the door at the same time, it's good to know ours aren't the only ones who do that.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
emysemys said:
I'm surprised they haven't decided that the pampas grass is where they want to be. My daughter had pampas grass and OUCH! That stuff is BAD!!
haha they have already Yvonne.this is partly why i restrict them in bad weather as its such a pain trying to find them and then dragging them out from the pampas.in the summer im always getting sliced by the stuff .
terry

Badgemash said:
Ha ha! I love the pic of the two of them trying to get through the door at the same time, it's good to know ours aren't the only ones who do that.

yes no brain leopards lol.my big girl will often sit in the doorway when the sun is first up and whoever else wants to use the door is stuck in or out until she decides to move.
terry

Status
Not open for further replies.