Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's nice, Kennypud, but how about an introduction so we know a bit more about your and your tortoises? :p

kennypud

5 Year Member
Lol alright well I'm pretty new to this site and have had my 2 Russian tortoises for about 6 months there names are Henry and arthur they are both males and I had them in 2 different crates because they where fighting and I felt that they didn't have a large enough space so I went and got this 7 foot box and now they are very happy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thanks! Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Oh...now I see the tortoises. I totally missed them when I first looked at the picture. Nice enclosure. You might consider a few visual barriers (rocks, plants) just to give them something to walk around and make it more interesting for them.

kennypud

5 Year Member
My name is Kenny I'm 27 and from NY and thanks for the suggestions im sure they would like that

M

Maggie Cummings

That substrate somewhat looks like pellets??? If they are you need something better like cypress mulch or orchid bark. They'll need something that you can moisten for them. They need sight breaks and stuff to climb on and get exercise from. Rocks or branches stuff like that...welcome

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
The substrate seems like beechchips! :p Is it?
Can your tort(s) Not climb on there hide and do a runner (escape) ?
Do your walls in that area need to go higher?
(these are all questions :D )

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Nice, It looks like you have some type of mulch in their? is it cypress? also, i noticed you two basking lights are different colors? what type of bulbs are those? also the fixture on the left isnt rated for many watts, be sure to check and make sure the light bulb isnt more watts that the ceramic light fixture is rated for. (Dont wanna chance starting a fire). Looks good to me other than that!

kennypud

5 Year Member
I'm not really sure what kind of mulch it is but they seem to enjoy it and I just made it for them the other day so I haven't really had time to add anything for them yet but what should I add just rocks? What else would they enjoy

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Bits off bark,
pebbles (large enough can't get in mouth),
different terrains (eg....higher substrate in one area),
Slate etc.....good for nails and beaks...,
Get imaginative...
but i advise that for the torts safety anything taken from outdoors i advise to be boiled to kill the bad bacteria! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.