My baby sulcata is loving pumpkin, can I feed it to her everyday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doris

5 Year Member
I have been cutting off the end of a piece of pumpkin rind and all. I am trying to get her to try other things than romaine lettuce. She seems to love sprouts, mustard cress. I can't get her interested in the zoo med. She just leaves it all on the plate. Also is a pinch of rep cal enough twice a week? A teaspoon like it says on the container seems like way too much for such a little one. I know variety is key, but she is so picky, lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Have you read the "Important Threads" up at the top of the Sulcata section? There are many more food items listed in those articles for you to feed your sulcata.

Doris

5 Year Member
I just looked for it, if you are meaning the article by Tom, I did read it. And it's why I tried pumpkin in the first place. I'm in Dubai, and can't get dandelions or a lot of the weeds that others can find in their backyard. With the exception of prickly pear cactus that is. So I am looking in my grocery store here for items from that list. It's quite challenging.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Any dark, leafy greens that are suitable for you to eat would be fine as part of a varied diet for your tortoise. Do you have the bagged lettuces? Look for one that contains a nice variety of different greens in it. Pumpkin is an ok treat, but if you feed it too often the tortoise's stools will start to loosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.