Moving Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobby The Tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
In August I'm going to be moving about 3 hours away from where I live now, and I just have a couple questions about how to move my tortoise. I also have a question about a new cage for him.

I'll start with the cage; what is your opinion on this one?

http://www.wayfair.com/Zoo-Med-Tort...063&device=c&gclid=COe70bON07cCFeNj7Aod2U8Azg

I saw one at a petstore a few months ago and think it looks nice and he'd have more space and more of a place to hide out than his current tank.

As far as moving,
This is going to sound weird but he has a cat kennel that I usually stick him in while I'm cleaning his tank.... Would it be alright for him to ride in this in the car while I move?
This is the kennel:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pin...f.com%2FSupplies%2FDogCat%2Fcages.htm;600;600

Would it be alright for him if I put some of his bedding in there and he can just ride in it the way to the new apartment?

Thanks!

tmbarta

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Dobby The Tortoise said:
As far as moving,
This is going to sound weird but he has a cat kennel that I usually stick him in while I'm cleaning his tank.... Would it be alright for him to ride in this in the car while I move?
This is the kennel:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pin...f.com%2FSupplies%2FDogCat%2Fcages.htm;600;600

Would it be alright for him if I put some of his bedding in there and he can just ride in it the way to the new apartment?

Thanks!

I have a 1 1/2 year old Sulcata that travels almost every weekend with us to our mountain home, 2 hours away. We bought a small dog carrier and put hay in the bottom. She does great in it. We've been doing this for about a year. So, I think that would be just fine. :)

Tammie

Dobby The Tortoise

5 Year Member
Texas
tmbarta said:
I have a 1 1/2 year old Sulcata that travels almost every weekend with us to our mountain home, 2 hours away. We bought a small dog carrier and put hay in the bottom. She does great in it. We've been doing this for about a year. So, I think that would be just fine. :)

Tammie

Thank you so much!! :) I'll just give him some bedding and a cuttlebone and hopefully that will keep him occupied :)

abclements

5 Year Member
And the zoomed tortoise house works fine... but you can just pick up a 55 gallon Rubbermaid tote from home depot or some place like that. Its way less expensive, way better at controlling humidity, and way more customizable to do what you want it to do!

Sent from my LG-P769 using TortForum mobile app

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
I would go with a 55 gallon tote as well. Wooden cages can mold after a while unless you seal them and the Zoomed ones don't usually come sealed, so that is an additional cost to getting it.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Just be sure to keep the ac in the car tortoise friendly not people friendly .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.