Mouth problem?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi all,
I noticed this evening when I was soaking Lola the leopard that her mouth looks a bit red rather than pale pink I have read it should be. I don't think its always been like this but she is eating well so it doesn't seem to be affecting her.
So please could you tell me if this is something I should be concerned about or just keep an eye on it?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Pictures might be helpful. I don't have any guesses what might cause this.

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Things like that can be hard to interpret, especially over pictures. Do post them and someone might notice something, but if she does show other signs like stop eating, I'd go to the vet. :)

I've never heard of problems where the mouth turns red (but then again I am a newbie). If tbe mouth turns very pale, then it could be a sign of a problem. Maybe she snacked on some strawberries while you weren't watching? ;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Jodie and peasinpod (great name!) No strawberries around so can't be that the only red food she's eaten is some radicchio in Florette crispy salad mix I'm using as a base for her diet.
It didn't look quite so red today and she still has a very good appetite but I will try to get a pic tomorrow - she is fast asleep now.
Speak to you soon
Lyn