Milly and her pyramiding

waitmanff

5 Year Member
As many of you know I have a little leopard that I got last year around July. When I got Milly she already had sone pyramiding and I started her on the hot and humid way! She is in a closed chamber around 90% (I have the digital temp gauge bought from Lowe's) humidity, I mist it couple times a day and give her daily soaks! She is getting bigger and I know it takes a while for new growth to come in but I would like to see if I'm on the right track. It doesn't look any better to me, maybe even worse?? I know it's not the end of the world, but I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can!

First picture isn't that good but that's the day I got her and second was from this morning.

Attachments

• 1392301209901.jpg
    1392301209901.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 197
  • 1392301253020.jpg
    1392301253020.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 206

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Once the pattern is established it takes a long time to change it. In a couple of years you will really be able to see a difference. Give it time.

When you mist are you misting her too? That really helps.

dar64

5 Year Member
The ones I have were raised improperly also. I do notice new growth is much better.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Don't panic for sure. Tom is right that it takes quite some time to reverse the trend and even more time to visually tell the difference. I can tell a difference already from your photos. Leopards tend to pyramid on the top vertebral scutes to a much higher degree than their other scutes so make sure those scutes get plenty of moisture. I soak mine daily but mist them two other seperate times during the day.

BTW it's a beautiful Leopard :)

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
You have a beautiful Leopard there. She/he looks very similar to our Benny when we got him. He was being raised in a manner that would make the veteran forum members cringe. He had significant pyramiding started too, very much like yours.
A year later using Tom's hot n humid method all new growth is very smooth and the pyramid bumps that looked so prominent, are now just itty bitty bumps on a huge dome of a shell. I call them his battle scars, he won, he survived, and now he's big n beautiful. Yours will be too. :). Keep up the great work!