Measurements on my Russians - Odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
So usually I don't post measurements on my Russians, but since i am kind of confused here I thought that maybe someone could shed some light on this for me. So at the beginning of this year Ayden was about 4 1/2 inches long. At the beginning of this year Azura was just under 4 inches long. Now they are both just over 5 inches long (like about 5.3. Wish I could be more specific but they squirm like crazy when i try to measure them. NO other time, ONLY when they see the measuring tape lmfao). Why are they about the same size now if they started out different sizes? Azura is a female so i know that she is supposed to get bigger than he is but i didn't think that she would grow so much faster as well....is that normal?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I've heard that but i feel awful, pushing their little faces up against the wall like that....my tortoises don't hide until they absolutely have to. I did have the tape measure up against the wall and laid it at the edge of their shells and then measured at the end though. Thank you for the advice though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.