Mazuri

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
In addition to the above, they are made with different ingredients.

Even though the "regular" Mazuri is an excellent tortoise food that gives great results, the ingredients list does not impress most people. They formulated the new "LS" type with grass hay as a main ingredient because that looks better on paper to prospective customers.

I don't use the LS. I've tried it and I had to mix it with soaked regular Mazuri to get them to eat it. The old, original style works best for me and my tortoises.

Chevy Brinkley

In addition to the above, they are made with different ingredients.

Even though the "regular" Mazuri is an excellent tortoise food that gives great results, the ingredients list does not impress most people. They formulated the new "LS" type with grass hay as a main ingredient because that looks better on paper to prospective customers.

I don't use the LS. I've tried it and I had to mix it with soaked regular Mazuri to get them to eat it. The old, original style works best for me and my tortoises.
Thank you so much! I just realized you responded so I'm sorry for the delay!

_Turtle024

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Most tortoises dislike the LS
But is the LS version safe for young tortoises?20200212_220902.jpg20200212_221108.jpg20200212_221800.jpg
I have a 6-7 month old Hermann's tortoise. I usually mix in a few pellets with some greens and calcium powder about 3-4 times a week. If I dont use pellets I just use greens and calcium powder. I used to try to give her zoomed grassland pellets and she wasnt eating those. I started giving her this mazuri about 2 months ago and she absolutely loves it. I soak the pellets and they do get mushy.

I was just wondering if this is okay to be feeding the tortoise?
Most tortoises dislike the LS