Making a new enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abra

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mass
I think Rambo need more room so I'm going to ask my step dad to make the little guy a wooden enclosure. Do you think this will be enough room for him: 50" x 16"? I measured my dresser to be 56" x 19" then I took off a bit so it would fit good and I'd still have room for my tiny TV :) I'm going to look through the enclosure section for people's enclosure ideas, links would be nice and any suggestions, THANKS! :D

Oh! And I almost forgot, how deep should it be?

Smithen

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
abra said:
I think Rambo need more room so I'm going to ask my step dad to make the little guy a wooden enclosure. Do you think this will be enough room for him: 50" x 16"? I measured my dresser to be 56" x 19" then I took off a bit so it would fit good and I'd still have room for my tiny TV :) I'm going to look through the enclosure section for people's enclosure ideas, links would be nice and any suggestions, THANKS! :D

Oh! And I almost forgot, how deep should it be?

if its just for Rambo that sounds like plenty of room, for depth you will want to make sure you can have atleast 3-4 inches of substrate so that he can dig plus enough so that he can't climb out, I keep my Sophie in an enclosure with about 12" of depth. One other idea that you could do is have it hang off of the dress on one side a little bit and at that point make the enclosure a little deeper so that you can put more substrate in that area for him to burrow a little deeper.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Thanks for the advice! And I love the name Sophie :D

Smithen

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
thanks lol, it was an upgrade from my first tort I got when I was five, her name was Pal lol :p

RianSeeking

5 Year Member
Spokane, Washington
Abra, keep us updated on how it goes.

My plan this winter - after I finish remodeling the kitchen - is to turn the basement into a tort room. I already have a gigantic teak bookshelf picked out for reconstruction, but I'm still looking for efficient and creative ideas.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Okay, I will, and that sounds cool. I want a tort room when I get my own house when I'm an adult :)

Status
Not open for further replies.