Looking for a second sulcata in NC

BlueDevil584

Location (City and/or State)
Greensboro, NC
Hey Everyone,

I was just looking around at adopting a second sulcata. I live in central NC and I hear all the time about how they are everywhere, but it seems like when it comes to looking to adopt it is hard to find any information.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Just keep in mind that this tortoise will need to be housed separately from your existing one. Tortoises are solitary and very territorial, and do very poorly in pairs, sulcatas especially :)

Catsandscales

Raleigh
Hey Everyone,

I was just looking around at adopting a second sulcata. I live in central NC and I hear all the time about how they are everywhere, but it seems like when it comes to looking to adopt it is hard to find any information.
Hey there!
Are you still looking for a Sulcata? I am currently in NC and looking to rehome do to housing changes.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hey there!
Are you still looking for a Sulcata? I am currently in NC and looking to rehome do to housing changes.
Just be aware that they already have one so if they are interested make sure they have the space to house 2 giants separately or this would be a very stressful move for both tortoises. Torts should never be kept together in pairs owing to territorial and bullying issues which can lead to illness, injury and even death.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
My contribution here is that if the intention of the OP is to go ahead and get the other tortoise and then keep them together, then I hope the whole plan falls apart. If that's not the intention at all, and there is lots of space ready for both tortoises to be kept separately, then I hope it works out!

Mike Z

rancho mirage
Hello,

I am moving and I can not take my Sulcata. He is amazing strong and healthy. Please let me know if you have a loving home.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hello,

I am moving and I can not take my Sulcata. He is amazing strong and healthy. Please let me know if you have a loving home.
Not sure if you noticed it, but the OP of this thread is located in NC. Are you prepared to ship the animal across the US to a new owner?