Looking for a 20 gallon tank

betturbutter

5 Year Member
Hi everyone, im looking for a 20 gallon tank (24"x12"x16") for my future tortoise. I live in southern california( the los angeles part). If any of you have one to sale or to give away please pm me. Thank you very much.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
May I suggest you get a 40 gallon breeder or 55 gallon fish tank?

Since you plan to bring a sulcata baby home, these are the smallest sizes you should consider. And even then, you may only get 6 months -1 year out of it. (probably less)

CL has lots of tanks for sale!

betturbutter

5 Year Member
Team Gomberg said:
May I suggest you get a 40 gallon breeder or 55 gallon fish tank?

Since you plan to bring a sulcata baby home, these are the smallest sizes you should consider. And even then, you may only get 6 months -1 year out of it. (probably less)

CL has lots of tanks for sale!

Thank you very much. i will ask this CL person. I have to find him or her first.:)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes look on craigslist you can find then cheap . Look at resale shops. You may get luck and find one in the trash behind petco or petsmart. I found a acrylic tank at a resale shop for 40.00$ for my sulcata Dozer. Here is a picture. It is 5'/20"/20" works great. I drilled holes in the side and put 1/4 " metal rod though to hold my heat lamps and che. Acrylic is the way to go . People through them out if they get scratched up. But you can buff them out and clear as new .
Where are you located? I have a tank but if you live far it would be cheaper to buy one local .

Attachments

• 1384569338468.jpg
    1384569338468.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 32

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Petco always has a dollar a gallon sale. Keep you eyes open for that event! Also, huge plastic tubs are cheap at Wal-Mart Target, home depot...etc, and can be modified into great closed chambers for little Sullys!

betturbutter

5 Year Member
Team Gomberg said:
CL stands for craigslist.

Go to craigslist.com Are you familiar with that site?

Ok.I use craigslist all the time. i just wasn't use to seeing it spelled in its initials. Thank you for clarifying that.

mike taylor said:
Yes look on craigslist you can find then cheap . Look at resale shops. You may get luck and find one in the trash behind petco or petsmart. I found a acrylic tank at a resale shop for 40.00$ for my sulcata Dozer. Here is a picture. It is 5'/20"/20" works great. I drilled holes in the side and put 1/4 " metal rod though to hold my heat lamps and che. Acrylic is the way to go . People through them out if they get scratched up. But you can buff them out and clear as new .
Where are you located? I have a tank but if you live far it would be cheaper to buy one local .

I live near Los Angeles. Your enclosure is really nice.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep I'm in Houston Tx so shipping cost would be outrageous.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I agree that a 20 is way too small. Even a 100 is only going to last a few months at the most.

Is it possible for you to just go ahead and build a large closed chamber? I only get about one year out of a 4x8' enclosure. After that they are too big and need to go live outside.