Little den

LeeB60

Location (City and/or State)
Neola Ut
I have put a cardboard box in little dudes enclosure for his den until his new enclosure gets here. It won't hurt him or make him sick will it? Also, he didn't eat well today, just picking throughout the day and hasn't dedicated for a couple of days. I have been soaking him. Should I be worried?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It won't hurt him but most likely it will get soggy and mold as there should be some humidity and depending on species and size should have lots of humidity.
What species and how old?

LeeB60

Neola Ut
He is russian. I'm not sure how old he is he came from a pet store and their out of business now. He's is about 4 or 5 inches wide if that helps. I don't understand why he's not eating though.

Attachments

• 20220707_192518.jpg
    20220707_192518.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 4

LeeB60

Neola Ut
He's eaten a little this morning, but not like he usually does. I have an apt. next week to get his beak and nails done
I hope that will help him.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
A good firm cardboard box will work just fine (temporarily) but to your question it won’t make your tort sick or ill & definitely not hurt him. I used a nice cardboard box for our hatchling Sully for a long time & it worked very well. It never got moldy or mildewy…it was very easy to replace a few times until i got the best fitting plastic hide. So, go ahead, use one as you must - knowing it’s just a temporary solution until your next hide arrives.

LeeB60

Neola Ut
Ohh my Lord, I gave him broccoli
He is russian. I'm not sure how old he is he came from a pet store and their out of business now. He's is about 4 or 5 inches wide if that helps. I don't understand why he's not eating though. Ohh my Lord I gave him broccoli! When I got him the pet store and google said it was fine! Is he going to die???