Leopard Land reconfigured outdoor enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Well, I still have some tweaking to do, but now Bump and Tank have plenty of grazing without depending on me to let them out for a romp every day.

We added a fence and used retaining wall bricks to split the areas.

Attachments

• Before and After2.JPG
    Before and After2.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Before and After1.JPG
    Before and After1.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 116

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Are the cattle panels because of dogs? Looks great. I'll bet Tank and Bump really appreciate the added space.

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yes. I'll be planting some edible vines along the panels on the outside of the torts' pen to make it a bit more attractive. The dogs have the other half of the yard to play in. They never bothered the torts (thank goodness) but I didn't want to ever give them a chance to either. Plus, I wanted Tank and Bump to have access to more all day long rather than an hour or two each day that I let them out....and they do love it. Thanks Yvonne.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Thats great Sandy !!! I am pretty sure Tank and Bump will be sooo happy with the extra space, I wish I could give T that much space !!! One day !

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Stazz said:
Thats great Sandy !!! I am pretty sure Tank and Bump will be sooo happy with the extra space, I wish I could give T that much space !!! One day !

Thanks. I'm very grateful we have plenty of space (nearly 2 acres). Except for the cattle panels, everything was repurposed so we kept the cost low - maybe not as attractive as so many I've seen on the forum, but Tank and Bump don't seem to be into aesthetics:)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice Sandy, Tank and Bump will have a lot of space to walk around :D You have a beautiful yard by the way :D

jdawn

5 Year Member
Southwest
Tank and Bump are very lucky to have you providing such a large and green space to explore! I love all the lush, green grazing opportunities you've made for them (now I'm having 'green grass envy'-- it's all so very inviting)! The edible vines also sound really cool for them. Thank you for sharing~ it looks great! Jenny Dawn

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thank you everyone! I'm still working with it but gotta give the torts a break from redecorating for a while:) I think enclosures are an ongoing process and I'm so glad we finally gave the torts more room to roam. They are soaking it up! I have another separate set up started for Moose when he/she is big enough to spend more time outdoors. I'll post pics of that once its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.