Leopard and red foot

Tortoisesxx

I feed my red foot cucumber , mango, the pellets you soak in water,and lettuce.i also put calcium on top. Is that good? What do you feed leopard tortoises besides grass?

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
are you keeping a redfoot and a leopard together? you want to have the biggest diet variety possible lettuce isn't very good for them it's just a filler

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No, that is not a good diet for a RF. As for leopards and the RF, which should not be housed together, if they are, check out the tortoisetable.org.uk for edible ideas and feed as big a variety as possible. Also take a look on the tortoiselibary.com for great RF info

Tortoisesxx

They will seperate. I never said together you can't mix like that. I gave a variety of foods he eats but eats more then that and I have fed him most of whats on that site

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Iceburg is really not good, it has no real value. If that's all they want to eat, then you have to do tough love on them and not feed it and make them have to eat the stuff that is good for them.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Hello :) Iceberg lettuce offers no nutritional value for your tortoise. I keep Redfoots. I agree with tort dad..offer dark leafy greens for your red foot. How old is your redfoot? Variety is the key, protein & friut too. You can also give your redfoot spring mix too. I don't keep leopard tortoises to help you on that.

Tortoisesxx

My red is 4 months old. Got him/her September 6,2014. I got rid of iceburg and am now gonna try collard greens and squash. I was told not to feed protein but am now introducing him. He didn't eat the boiled chicken in time so it became hard so I threw it out. Also is it safe to buy another red foot from the same place I got it (reptile expo) and put them together after quarantine? (Not mating I just want to not buy whole other light and such when I could put them in same place if it's possible)

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
My red is 4 months old. Got him/her September 6,2014. I got rid of iceburg and am now gonna try collard greens and squash. I was told not to feed protein but am now introducing him. He didn't eat the boiled chicken in time so it became hard so I threw it out. Also is it safe to buy another red foot from the same place I got it (reptile expo) and put them together after quarantine? (Not mating I just want to not buy whole other light and such when I could put them in same place if it's possible)
From what I've read on this forum, if you get more than one tort even if the same species, you should always be prepared to have two separate habitats in case they don't get along. Read about tortoises bullying each other, being domineering over food, etc.