Large Female Russian Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Need to ask when a tortoises shell feels like its shell is peeling but not is it that their growing or is it something wrong their? my large female Russian tort has lots of sun light is given plenty of vitamins calcium with 3D in it and she does have a UVB bulb in her tortoise pen,is this normal? oh let me not forget this at least once a month i also put on them the vita shell conditioner. her bedding is peat moss mixed with cypress mulch there is a heated side and a cool side to the indoor pen what could it be maybe this is normal and she just growing! any suggestions please would be nice!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Pics would be very, very helpful. It is really hard to make assumptions based solely on a verbal description.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
They just may have always been there maybe i just didn't notice it! by the way her nail that was infected and was removed well it did heal as you can see it never grew back Another one but that doesn't stop her from living her life, she was basking in the sun before i had to disturbed her for these photos! sorry girl! well here they are Kristina the pictures to make your assumption.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Your female is absolutely beautiful. Hey, I have a CDT that had a "snag" on his plastron and it simply caused a thin layer of the shell to peel away (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch total area) after it got caught on a part of the ground/rock....well, that was a couple of years ago and he is fine, while he has that old damage area he is good (old scarring).

Your female looks as though she has simply old damage scarring, like maybe she could have had a small shell issue then it heeled...also she has growth going on....it looks like old damage that is simply heeled and scarred....there is not ooky stuff or the like from what the pic shows.... this is simply my opinion :p

Status
Not open for further replies.