Kapidolo Farms- Leopard Tortoise

Coconikki

Location (City and/or State)
Sioux Falls, SD
Hello! I have a 5 month old Leopard Tortoise and
have already ordered Hibiscus from Kapidolo Farms. My tortoise loves it!
I am looking to order additional products from them. What do you guys recommend I order from Kapidolo Farms? Any pellet recommendations? Thank you!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I use almost all of their dried foods. I sprinkle a bit of three or four of them over each feeding of greens. For pellets I use Mazuri, but Zoo Med also sells a good one.

Coconikki

Sioux Falls, SD
I use almost all of their dried foods. I sprinkle a bit of three or four of them over each feeding of greens. For pellets I use Mazuri, but Zoo Med also sells a good one.
Awesome! Could you be a little more specific on which dried foods? Cactus chips, Dandelion?
Thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here's what I have in canisters in my cupboard:

Nettle
Dandelion
Marsh mallow
soursop
Moringa
Oat straw
Plantain
Raspberry
Hibiscus
Zoo Med Natural Grassland Tortoise Diet
Layer Crumbles

I try to use three or four different ones each feeding.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I currently bought the crumbles and mulberry pellets (devours) which are dry pellet foods. Mine also likes the cactus and moringa.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Here's what I have in canisters in my cupboard:

Nettle
Dandelion
Marsh mallow
soursop
Moringa
Oat straw
Plantain
Raspberry
Hibiscus
Zoo Med Natural Grassland Tortoise Diet
Layer Crumbles

I try to use three or four different ones each feeding.

You use mazuri in addition to the crumbles?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I am looking to order additional products from them. What do you guys recommend I order from Kapidolo Farms? Any pellet recommendations? Thank you!!
I just ordered a shipment of cactus chips from Kapidolo Farms... I also use hibiscus and oat grass from him.

Additionally, I feed my tortoises small amounts of dried seaweed once in a while, either rehydrated or sprinkled dry on top of mixed greens... I'm a big believer in the useful micronutrients contained in seaweed.

Jamie

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You use mazuri in addition to the crumbles?
I try to use different things each feeding, but yes, When I use the crumbles there's usually either Mazuri or Zoo Med in there too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Get as many of the different dried foods as you can. He offers three types of grass, and somewhere around a dozen dried leaf options. Get all of them, or at least several. I like the nettle, marshmallow, plantain, moringa, echinacea, raspberry, soursop, ginkgo, hibiscus, and a couple few others. I don't buy the mulberry or cactus ones because I have those handy where I live. I grow my own cactus and mulberry, but those are great items too, if you don't have your own mulberry trees or cactus stands.

Also look for grape vine leaves and live weeds to offer your tortoise. There are lots of plants that can be grown in pots or raised garden beds, depending on what space you have available.

You can also use soaked ZooMed Pellets, or soaked horse hay pellets to add fiber and variety to the greens you are offering.