Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lisle Illinois
Hello,
I took these pics 3 years ago.
I had the privilege of caring for this lighter colored leopard for only 3-4 months.
A young woman from Michigan who is a tortoise expert with a barn she built just for tortoises seen my pics online and talked me into selling him to her.
I could say I regretted re-homing him but in hindsight he was better off.
At that time I thought I was giving him a really good home but now I realize (thanks to TortoiseForum) that I was practicing poor husbandry.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Beautiful leopard. Doesn't look like you did too bad by him, except for the Trix cereal he's eating LOL. I realize its probably some sort of tortoise food. I just have never seen that kind. Have you been able to keep in contact with the person that has him, to see what he looks like now? That would be interesting to see.

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
wellington said:
Beautiful leopard. Doesn't look like you did too bad by him, except for the Trix cereal he's eating LOL. I realize its probably some sort of tortoise food. I just have never seen that kind. Have you been able to keep in contact with the person that has him, to see what he looks like now? That would be interesting to see.

Thank you,
It's Rep-cal Tortoise food, he did like it. Of course I fed him lots of greens too.
No contact with new owner :(

http://www.repcal.com/Tort.htm

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Your husbandry seems to have produced a nice result, so you have nothing to regret with respect to the care you provided. The growth ring formation and elevation are relatively mild.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
papayapa said:
Thank you,
It's Rep-cal Tortoise food, he did like it. Of course I fed him lots of greens too.
No contact with new owner :(

http://www.repcal.com/Tort.htm

When I got my both my Russian's off craigslist's BOTH the owners fed their tortoise this stuff :-/ it's found in PetSmart, I think that's why :(

Status
Not open for further replies.