ISO BABY TURTLE/TORTOISE

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I live in Indiana if anyone can help please let me know thank you. I have already been scammed $200 2 times 1st time by store/people that go by "exotic reptiles for adoption" this last time by a woman whos name is "Kelly Vei Jagri" her page is called "adult and babies turtles tortoises for sale"

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Might help to be more specific. A tortoise lives on land. A turtle lives in water or a Box turtle lives on land but needs an area to swim in.
What do you have to house either one?
Do you want a small species? All of them need more than a small aquarium.
Any breeders listed on this forum will be legit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ink

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi @baby box turtle , and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear you were scammed, but I appreciate that you shared with us the scammers names! Shame on them!!!

Box turtles generally hatch out in September, so this is a good time to be looking for them. Do you have any particular species in mind? and have you taken a look through our For Sale section to see if you can find names of members who have sold them in the past?

I took a look at Kelly's facebook page and it looks to me as if she's NOT in the states. I doubt very much if she actually even has any box turtle hatchlings. Looks like she's heavy into exotic tortoises.

Last edited:
Indiana
Might help to be more specific. A tortoise loves on land. A turtle lives in water or a Box turtle lives on land but needs an area to swim in.
What do you have to house either one?
Do you want a small species? All of them need more than a small aquarium.
Any breeders listed on this forum will be legit.
Thank you for that.
I want a tortoise (land species)preferably a baby/hatchling I have an outdoor enclosure with plants as well as vegetables growing inside that I planted in there a while back when we built it. It has a water hole for soaking another water bowl section with flat rock to eat by fresh soils to dig n burry in if they'd like witch is the shaded half the other half is open to sun

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank you for that.
I want a tortoise (land species)preferably a baby/hatchling I have an outdoor enclosure with plants as well as vegetables growing inside that I planted in there a while back when we built it. It has a water hole for soaking another water bowl section with flat rock to eat by fresh soils to dig n burry in if they'd like witch is the shaded half the other half is open to sun
What do you have for the cold winter months?
Also a baby needs to be in a closed chamber for 2 to 3 years.
I think you would benefit a lot from deciding what species you want and then reading the caresheet for that specie and getting all the proper lighting, heat, humidity and enclosure set up before buying.

zovick

10 Year Member!
I have looked but the posts were from back in 2012 do you have anyone at all
Try this person. I believe he is honest and reliable. He has three types of Box Turtle babies available now:

Indiana
Well i
What do you have for the cold winter months?
Also a baby needs to be in a closed chamber for 2 to 3 years.
I think you would benefit a lot from deciding what species you want and then reading the caresheet for that specie and getting all the proper lighting, heat, humidity and enclosure set up before buying.
f I find the baby or any baby like I'm praying for then he or she will be inside the house I have an enclosure that i made it's in a tank it has a light for heat above a piece of flat rock it has mixed soil and bark in the tank and more on the side across from the heat lamp so it can hide in there water n food containers a smallish dish to soak it in and a small purple plastic log to hide inside

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I purchased my desert box turtle last year from fauna classifieds. Paxton is doing great. Good luck.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I would still contact them because they might not have been sold .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Soil bought from the store should not be used. A tank is good only for a hatchling. You will need night heat with winter coming.
There are baby Russians for sale on this forum. Tortoisesupply.com has a few different species of tortoises available also.
I really think though, you should decide on what you want. A tortoise or a box turtle. They have very different care and diets. Just taking the first thing you find is pretty irresponsible in my opinion. Learn first then buy.

Indiana
Soil bought from the store should not be used. A tank is good only for a hatchling. You will need night heat with winter coming.
There are baby Russians for sale on this forum. Tortoisesupply.com has a few different species of tortoises available also.
I really think though, you should decide on what you want. A tortoise or a box turtle. They have very different care and diets. Just taking the first thing you find is pretty irresponsible in my opinion. Learn first then buy.
[/QUO
If I could find baby box turtles then yes that's be my 1st choice but if all that I'm able to find are other tortoise breeds then I will do all I'm able to to learn what I need to to give them the care that they require I appreciate your advice though so thank you

zovick

10 Year Member!
Look at post #7. I gave you links to three different types of baby Box Turtles for sale on the Fauna Classifieds.

Reactions: Ink
Indiana
I
Look at post #7. I gave you links to three different types of baby Box Turtles for sale on the Fauna Classifieds.
Don't know how to work that website very well so Im not sure how to find that post#7? When I try to search for box turtles in the search tab up on the right side it shows me posts from back in 2012

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Try this person. I believe he is honest and reliable. He has three types of Box Turtle babies available now:
This is the post he is talking about. Post 7 in your own thread here.