Is this pyramiding?

wuddybunny

Location (City and/or State)
Manila
Tuna is about 3 months old. He’s been with me for a week. Unfortunately, the humidifier and thermostat will be arriving late this week or by next week. Best effort for humidity and temp:
Morning temp: 80F in cool side with an average of 80-85F throughout the cage; 90-97F from 7:30-11:30am when I turn on the basking lamp (because apparently, he likes basking) (if I leave it any longer, it reaches past 100F)
Evening temp: 80-85F with occasional dips to 78-79F in early morning
Humidity:
AM:92E12311-42E4-4669-AB1D-DC0DEEA93406.jpeg 70% in the warm side when basking lamp is on, 75-89% all over when basking lamp is off
PM: 70-80% (due to the CHE, because the evenings are cold at the moment)
I manage to spray 2x a day and soak him daily for 15-30mins

Given those, may I know if the dips along the margins of his schutes are already signs of pyramiding or are within normal for his age?

Thanks!!!

2C5B9B11-C1CD-4C35-BD9A-9B2B5BE762EF.jpeg92E12311-42E4-4669-AB1D-DC0DEEA93406.jpeg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Your "cool" side is the correct ambient temperature (80 to 85).
Your "hot" side is hot enough to stress out a Redfoot.(upper 90s)
That is the start of pyramiding. But it might be your lights drying him out.
Can we see your lights?
Hopefully when we get your temperature dialed in, your humidity will climb up too.

wuddybunny

Manila
Your "cool" side is the correct ambient temperature (80 to 85).
Your "hot" side is hot enough to stress out a Redfoot.(upper 90s)
That is the start of pyramiding. But it might be your lights drying him out.
Can we see your lights?
Hopefully when we get your temperature dialed in, your humidity will climb up too.

Thank you for your inputs. I’m changing the enclosure today but below is more or less how the lights are set-up.

From the leftmost side: CHE, tube UVB, MVB.

The CHE and MVB are off right now as the current temperature is 80-81F (humidity=90%) on the left and 83-85F (humidity=78%) on the right.

06CC19D7-5863-483A-8AF1-920BDE095FA8.jpeg

Tuna has a hide on the left side where he likes to sleep. It was a bit dry so I sprayed it and changed the fresh moss. I plan to put another hide on the right, but more closed (turned-over pot with entrance) for a humid hide.

Unfortunately, I had to remove the plants inside. I had some jade plants but they became too soggy.. I don’t think they were able to tolerate the humidity.

Because of the delays in the delivery of the thermostat and humidifier, I have deviced a setting for my heating systems:
CHE— from 7-11am, interval of turning on for 45mins then off 15mins. At night, from 8pm-7am, interval of turning on for 1 hour (2hours early morning when it’s coldest) then off 15 mins. This has allowed me to maintain at least the left side between 80-85F, but is very reliant to our erratic weather right now.
MVB— from 7am-12nn, on for an hour then off for 30mins, for temps between 84-92F.

12nn-4pm is hotest here so opted to just turn both off.

I also changed my substrate to coco peat + peat moss underneath (damp), Forest Floor over it, and some patches of fresh moss we use in bonsai-making. I am hoping the moss takes and grows over the surface.

Please let me know what you think. I am very stressed with the delays of my other equipment due to the current quarantines being done in SEA.

Thanks!