Is this ok !

VolderTort

I have a hermanns tortoise 1 year old . I have a combination lamp UVA and UVB infra red and it says it goes up to 35 degrees . This is good as it says the tortoise then has heat, light and uv . It says it helps vitamin d3 , prevents metabolic bone disease , stimulates reproduction , . So the bulb is halogen basking lamp and the lamp is ceramic clamp lamp . It also says should be 20 centimetres above the tortoise , directly above . I think this sounds good but I am not sure ? I am going to get a thermometer to check the temperature and because we have an open table house I want to make sure it is warm enough . Any advice or tips on anything to do with enclosure lighting and enclosures in general ? Thanks guys xx

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
What you have described sounds good. I would also be curious as to what type of heat source you will provide for night warmth?

Kele7710

5 Year Member
As long as your house doesn't go below 18 c you don't need evening warmth, I have a Hermanns and live in UK and temps are perfect so I don't have evening warmth :)

VolderTort

Thanks I'm in uk also and was worried as we kno what the weather is like here . It's definitely not tropical

Kele7710

5 Year Member
I specifically bought a weather station so I know inside temps & outside temps lol :D

VolderTort

A weather station that sounds cool

I need to get some sort of thermometer to tell the temp

Kele7710

5 Year Member
You might want to double check on night heat just realised yours is only 1 year old, mine is 3 years old and my advise came from his exotic vet :)