Is this enough room for 2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Rite hello everyone I have a Russian that is 4 inches big and I have been offered another one that is around 2 inches is my enclosure big enough for the both I think so but just to double check

image-4256036256.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Ryan:

I hate to be the nay-sayer here, but in my opinion, your table is barely large enough for your one tortoise.

You are going to have to quarantine the new one anyway. In the meantime, you can figure out how to make your table bigger.

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Really but like they don't even do much in the day and I let them out at night wonder around my bathroom and that so they get exercise ?

M

Maggie Cummings

You should quarantine the new tortoise for about 6 months to make sure he is not going to give your own tortoise any diseases. It would be awful for the new tortoise to make your tortoise sick. A quarantine is necessary

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
maggie is bang on....also, the enclosure you have is very nice....I wonder if when your quarantine is done perhaps you place the smaller one in the enclosure you now have and then perhaps set up a bit bigger one for the larger tortoise you now have.... just a thought...the enclosure is so nice....love those type. :D

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Thanks guys I appreciate the advice I Just wanted them together though I feel like shes bored on her own hahaa :(

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
It is our human nature to think that the lone tortoise is lonely...when in reality they are a solitary critter....I bet she does not mind her solo gig.....:D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
chances are they wont get along anyway.. :-(
and a bathroom floor mightbe a bit cold to roam around on..
russians are usually very active.. unless they are cool..

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Yeah I suppose I just feel like she's bored haha! But yeah you lot are rite and the bathroom floor is underfloor heating she's very active

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
DolanKoops said:
Yeah I suppose I just feel like she's bored haha! But yeah you lot are rite and the bathroom floor is underfloor heating she's very active
This is how I felt about mine. I HAD to separate them. They do not get along.
Good Luck there.
:cool:

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Agreed with what has been said, the enclosure is barely big enough for the one (especially considering he still has some growing to do), and a quarantine period is important before you put them together, anyway. As well, putting the two together wouldn't be a terribly good idea... You'd have bullying issues, especially with the significant size difference.

If you want the second tortoise, then prepare a second enclosure for it. Maybe even get a bigger, better enclosure for your current tort, and use the one he's in for the second one--it looks like a fantastic vivarium, and would be a great grow-out enclosure for the little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.