Is my tortoise healthy looking?

Zac dale

Hi, I got my little leopard tortoise 6 months ago, I just wanted to know if he looks healthy, his name is Mo by the way. I don't know how old he is since the shop keeper couldn't speak English (I live in Hong Kong)

Thanks ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500119264.704617.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500119277.856770.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500119288.041960.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1500119302.177537.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can't really tell much about health from a pic, but he looks good to me. At first I thought he had some pyramiding, but then in the other pics it doesn't look like it. If he does have some, just be sure to raise with high humidity and temps no lower then 80.
That last pic is the cutest.

Colorado
Mo is quite the cute leopard tortoise! I'm no expert but I think your tortoise looks quite healthy just make sure there is no decaying on the shell, large pyramiding, or bubbling from the nose outside of water. I hope I helped taking your tortoise to a vet is never a bad idea. :):<3:

Zac dale

He goes out in the sun everyday, I live in Hong Kong so it is very humid and very sunny! Perfect

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California
Hi Zac,

I firmly believe every living creature has its own personality and routine.

There are a few basic things to look for in terms of health (assuming good husbandry):

1) eating regularly
2) pooping regularly
3) regularly active*
4) not struggling breathing

Now, that being said, every tortoise will have different favorite foods, times of the day to eat and active at different times and different levels.

If there is a "change" in any of those behaviors, then that's cause for concern. The best thing is to invest in finding a good tortoise vet and get an annual checkup. You will learn a lot.