Is my Hermann sick?? (cold?)

Chipchip

Location (City and/or State)
ON
Hi guys

I got a Hermann baby tortoise, I’m in Canada right now, the temperature outside is 1-2 degrees Celsius right now.. but I have always kept the uv for a few hrs and basking lamp for 12 hrs at least around 90-95 degrees F sometimes it goes up to 98/99F

So my question is: I gave him dandelion and collard greens every morning and few hrs later I give him aloe Vera, but I heard him sneezed a bit, I don’t know if it’s bc of the aloe Vera he ate was stored in the fridge and was too cold for him, or is there something wrong, cause when I go check on him there are bubbles from his nostrils😖😖

His hasn’t pooped much yesterday I’m not sure if it’s because I didn’t soak him long enough, today it came out bit by bit where usually he poops a lot during soaking

his pee is fine, white stuff coming out but that should be a healthy sign right?

Or is the drink water too cold for him..? It’s room temperature but it can turn to cold water even if u leave it out, he still take 1-2 sips, but not often

Today he was chewing stuff like my bracelet or other veggies, even the rock he was trying to eat, is he sick or hungry?
I also mix calcium powder in his food 3 times a week

Please let me know what this means😭😭

Attachments

• IMG_1669.jpeg
    IMG_1669.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi guys

I got a Hermann baby tortoise, I’m in Canada right now, the temperature outside is 1-2 degrees Celsius right now.. but I have always kept the uv for a few hrs and basking lamp for 12 hrs at least around 90-95 degrees F sometimes it goes up to 98/99F

So my question is: I gave him dandelion and collard greens every morning and few hrs later I give him aloe Vera, but I heard him sneezed a bit, I don’t know if it’s bc of the aloe Vera he ate was stored in the fridge and was too cold for him, or is there something wrong, cause when I go check on him there are bubbles from his nostrils😖😖

His hasn’t pooped much yesterday I’m not sure if it’s because I didn’t soak him long enough, today it came out bit by bit where usually he poops a lot during soaking

his pee is fine, white stuff coming out but that should be a healthy sign right?

Or is the drink water too cold for him..? It’s room temperature but it can turn to cold water even if u leave it out, he still take 1-2 sips, but not often

Today he was chewing stuff like my bracelet or other veggies, even the rock he was trying to eat, is he sick or hungry?
I also mix calcium powder in his food 3 times a week

Please let me know what this means😭😭
Where is it 90-95? The whole enclosure, or under the basking lamp? There are four temperatures to know and maintain. What are your temps?
1. Basking area directly under the bulb.
2. Warm side.
3. Cool side.
4. Overnight low.

Neither dandelion nor collards should be used every day. Both are good once in a while, but not as main staples.

Chipchip

ON
Where is it 90-95? The whole enclosure, or under the basking lamp? There are four temperatures to know and maintain. What are your temps?
1. Basking area directly under the bulb.
2. Warm side.
3. Cool side.
4. Overnight low.

Neither dandelion nor collards should be used every day. Both are good once in a while, but not as main staples.
Basking is 92.3F right now he is under the bedding currently
Warm side is 88F
Cool side is 76F
Overnight is closer to 72-74F

What else can I grab? I know Spinach, fruit and parsley is definitely a no… i thought store bought flowers like rose pedals r no good bc they might have pesticides..? So what will u suggest me feeding him..?

Also should I take him to the vet??