Introduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
I guess I should do an introduction, I have an aquatic turtle, but I will be releasing him back to the wild this spring.I just got a russian tortoise last weekend, she is a female, and her name is Clarice. She seems healthy, i got her from Petco, I know you shouldn't get pets from there, but she was the only one there and I felt bad for her. She has a small chip in the back of her shell, but I'm pretty sure it will heal. Yeah, I've been obsessed with turtles of all kinds of since I was a little kid. I'm only fifteen but I know a lot about turtles/ tortoises. I had two pet turtles when I was younger, and just recently got more. I guess I talk to much about tortoises I am told? Too bad :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi hunter997, and welcome to the Forum!!

Please don't release your water turtle back into the wild. A couple reasons...it may be against the law, and it will be hard for the turtle to adjust to having to search out her own food instead of having the food god deliver it to her. Try to find someone with a nice-sized outdoor pond that will take the turtle.

DocDelFierro

5 Year Member
Philippines
Welcome to the Forum! :tort::tort::tort:

Yvonne is correct. Let your turtle adapt slowly to a semi-wild setting before releasing him, especially if you had him since he's a baby. He might have lost some or maybe most of his wild instincts, so it'll be harder for him to survive by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.