Interesting behaviour..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
Hello everyone.. My tortoise Poopoo trained himself!
I provide an enclosure with 85% soil/compost and 15% Fir bark for my Elebaba. Previously I used newspapers and reptile carpet and he would just poop all over as he pleases.

Now, I've separated the soil/compost and fir bark in the enclosure. Fir bark occupying just a small section in the corner. I noticed that he walks straight to the fir bark section and poos there. I thought it was just coincidence as he still pees in water or in the soil, but making an effort 9/10 times to walk all the way to a corner covered with fir bark just to poop? Interesting isn't it? haha

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
ISTortoiseLover said:
I provide an enclosure with 85% soil/compost and 15% Fir bark for my Elebaba. Previously I used newspapers and reptile carpet and he would just poop all over as he pleases.

Now, I've separated the soil/compost and fir bark in the enclosure. Fir bark occupying just a small section in the corner. I noticed that he walks straight to the fir bark section and poos there. I thought it was just coincidence as he still pees in water or in the soil, but making an effort 9/10 times to walk all the way to a corner covered with fir bark just to poop? Interesting isn't it? haha

That great! Thats it you have set something off now we will all be trying to train our Torts now lol

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
So far I've been lucky. My girl poops in her bath. She usually does it at about the 15 minute mark, so I just rinse her off and bath time is over!

samstar

5 Year Member
ISTortoiseLover said:

Your a lucky man

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
LOL that's too funny. I'd have never figured fir bark to be the magic toilet training material.

Status
Not open for further replies.