Indoor Enclosure grasses

Nico7

Location (City and/or State)
Portland, ME
Hi everyone,
I live in Maine so my one year old spends a lot of time indoors ( though she does have a outdoor Enclosure ) and I wanted to make her indoor home fill more natural by adding some grasses, does anyone have any suggestions to which type? Thanks

Alaskamike

South Florida
Several places sell a bag of seeds called Tosdido Mix. Tortoise supply sells it. Has a good variety of grass & weeds they eat.

I had good success with it in an indoor enclosure with baby Leopards. I grew it in a separate plastic container under a grow light. When it was big enough I transplanted it in their encloser. They would eat it right to the ground. Then I would move it out & replace with more growing strong, and put the eaten patch back under the grow lamps & I'll be darned if it didn't grow up again.

But ... if you got several small seed bags in a variety of grasses that grow in your parts & mixed them you can do it with that. They like clover & dandelion too.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Is there anyway you can just bring your tortoise outside at least 30 minutes each day? I didn't grow grass indoors but I just made sure to get him outside for as much time as possible. A little time is better than nothing. Then you won't have to grow it inside!

Nico7

Portland, ME
My Russian Tortoise gets around an hour or two a day outside in the summer but if it is raining or it's winter then she can't, Thanks for the Info Alaskamike.