Increasing humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyr369

5 Year Member
I am looking for a way to increase the humidity in my tank. My tank is wooden and homemade but very solid. The heat stays in but the humidity level I can't get to stay high despite having three humidifiers in the cage. Any ideas?

sammyr369

5 Year Member
Eweezyfosheezy said:
What type of bedding do you use? Also do you have an open top cage?
I use a combination of coconut bark and Forest Floor Bedding. My top is . . . kinda open. It is mesh, but the heat lamp and the UV bulb sit on top so not a lot escapes.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
i use sphagnum moss occasionally for that. You could also put a fine misting system on a timer for relatively cheap & easy setup.

sammyr369

5 Year Member
zesty_17 said:
i use sphagnum moss occasionally for that. You could also put a fine misting system on a timer for relatively cheap & easy setup.

What's the difference between a mister and a humidifier?

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Vacaville, CA
What does a humidifier for an enclosure look like? I would imagine that would be cumbersome, and probably kinda expensive. Why not just water it every day twice a day or so, so the substrate stays wet. You gotta mist your tort anyways, a few times a day, right?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Add some plants (when you water them it helps the humidity), and partially cover the habitat.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
sammyr369 said:
zesty_17 said:

What's the difference between a mister and a humidifier?

i would imagine that a humidifier produces a much finer mist/humidity increase than just regular misting with a hand held pump or rain system. we use basic pvc/plastic tubing hooked up to a powerhead in a barrel of r.o. water on a timer for misting/raising humidity for our amphibians...

Status
Not open for further replies.