If anyone is interested in upstate ny...

BEmom

I was just looking on the Utica, New York craigslist and there is a leopard tortoise on there, the person said local pickup only in their ad.
Just wanted to post it on here because I feel bad for the tort. They say it is a 4 year old Leo. It has a tortoise table enclosure setup. The sad part is that they say it is a desert tort and that no water is required.
(Looks more like a sulcata to me, but I'm no expert)
https://utica.craigslist.org/pet/5098682594.html

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's a leopard tortoise. And they're only asking $100 which includes the tort table. They say they paid $300 for the tortoise. Too bad about the water thing. I hope whoever gets it does their research and realizes the poor tortoise is mighty thirsty.

Trevor Ostrander

5 Year Member
Oneonta NY
I emailed them just now.. I can take it and give it the proper care it needs. I can't believe people still think these beautiful creatures don't need water. I let you all know what I find out.

BEmom

I emailed them just now.. I can take it and give it the proper care it needs. I can't believe people still think these beautiful creatures don't need water. I let you all know what I find out.
I'm glad to hear you emailed them! I would have but I just took in a sulcata I found on Craigslist and I don't want to get in over my head since I am so new to all this. I'll be happy to hear what happens so please keep us posted.

Trevor Ostrander

5 Year Member
Oneonta NY
So I called and emailed yesterday and no luck. I hope whoever got this tort knows how to properly care for it.