i need help! new turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

takil

5 Year Member
just an quick update... i have yet to get in touch with any one from fish and wiled here in florida....

on the good news, the little guy is eating now. i noticed that half the stuff i put in there yesterday was gone and this morning he is chowing down... it makes me sad that he is now making him self at home and i will have to give him up soon. At least i know I'm doing a good job with him/her.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
Cute little guy. Glad you got it off the road, I would have done the same thing. It does suck that you aren't even allowed to touch them. If you are caught it can be a huge fine or jail time like others have said. I usually take pics of them and thats it. Never had the chance to see one that small though. Thank you for sharing! I hope you find a safe spot for it :)

EKLC

5 Year Member
How is the little guy doing?

Are you still looking for a place to take this guy? I am in Gainesville and my girlfriend works at the zoo here. They have gopher tortoises and hatchlings. I am sure they would be able to provide a good home for him. If you would like I could try to work something out and get him to the zoo.

takil

5 Year Member
EKLC said:
How is the little guy doing?

Are you still looking for a place to take this guy? I am in Gainesville and my girlfriend works at the zoo here. They have gopher tortoises and hatchlings. I am sure they would be able to provide a good home for him. If you would like I could try to work something out and get him to the zoo.

He is doing really good. I have him a out side pin but i do need to get hime out a little more. He eats really well but some days he will skip on the food..and he loves to be picked up. I really thank you for your offer but he is part of the family now.

Status
Not open for further replies.