I blame you guys...

UnicornSploosh

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Redding, Ca
So, we went to Lowes today for more stuff for the tortoises.

They now have four squash plants growing, a hibiscus, seeds for grass, clover, Johnny jumpups, and sage. (All organic or in organic soil..)

I also have the spider plant busy making them babies and have told my boyfriend to grab a couple aloe plants when he goes to pay storage this week. (They grow them for some odd reason.)

Dot and Dash are getting so spoiled. They pout if they think I get up and feed them too late. Dot is an expert at grumpy looks. Both are doing a lot better. They're eating more, moving around more, and pooping more. Happy torts.

image.jpg image.jpg

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Cute torts!!
I know what you mean... I also blame this forum for all of the great info that allows me to provide excellent care to my tortoises!
:)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Nice little guys u have. I was looking closely at the bottom pix and this guy appears a bit dry, might not be, but i was wondering if ur doing your daily soaks?

Chantel

5 Year Member
Yuba City, CA
Just noticed you are in Redding. Another local! Ok, semi-local. I am Yuba City. Your darker ones looks like my Dozer, and the lighter one looks like my Mack!

Chantel

5 Year Member
Yuba City, CA
I can feed my sully spider plants?!? I have a ton of those growing in my front yard!
I planted some in my enclosures. They are just baby plants now. For the most part, they have left them alone, but occasionally will nibble them.

UnicornSploosh

5 Year Member
Redding, Ca
Yep, we're in Redding. Dot is way darker than Dash. It's how we tell them apart lol

Are you going to come to the reptile show in Redding in Oct?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Don't know if Spider Plants are actually recommended as food in large quantities but they are safe if used as ground cover and nibbled. My tort will nibble occasionally but never makes a meal of them.
You may find www.thetortoisetable.org.uk useful to find out safe and toxic plants.