I am looking for a Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Italianlnm

I am looking for a young sulcata that is out of the hatchling stage.

I feel as if I have redone everything after Tank passed, and that I am ready to take on a new Sulcata. Bullet is doing wonderful, and I would love another Sulcata.

I have a new enclosure that is absolutely wonderful. It is a tort table. The temperature is right on both sides.. I have some plants that have begun growing. I have plenty of hides.

It is a large enclosure and I am very exacted to place a new Sulcata in it.

I would like a young Sulcata 1-3 years of age that is started on a great start. I do not want a baby!

If you have any ideas, please Email me at [email protected] or reply to my post.

Thanks everyone,

Laura.

M

Maggie Cummings

Laura...just a reminder, that any new tortoise you add should be quarantined for 4 to 6 months before you put him with the resident animal...

I

Italianlnm

I know.. I have Bullet in his own enclosure.. They will be seperated.

Thanks for reminding me though.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
If you are in the US and looking for a sulc I would suggesst Craigslist, in my local area there are usually quite a few up for adoption from babies to large adults, some people want a re-homing fee, but I found they usually will give it to some one who will provide a good home for it.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
There are 2 on the local Craig list. They are about 6 months old from what the owner says. I am picking them up on Wednesday or Thursday so that they can at least be fostered the right way.

Whomever wants them here can have them for what I end up paying. Shipping extra.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Where are you located Laura?

I

Italianlnm

I am in South Carolina.

Webskipper -- Thanks for the offer. Please let me know how much you pay for them.. I am looking into getting an older sulcata though and I have had someone contact me about theirs. We are E-mailing back and forth right now..

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Sure thing. I am really just doing this to get the 2 youngins into our "network" so they can live the good life.

Is there a good thread on how to ship Torts? If not, we should start one.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Here's the shipping thread:

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-1379.html

Good luck, Laura! There are two young adult Sulcata at our local reptile rescue here in Colorado. Boy I wish I was rich, and had a heated shed instead of a playhouse out back, and had a husband who longed for a Sulcata tortoise!:rolleyes:

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Thanks Steph. That's what I was thinking.

I

Italianlnm

I haven't recieved an e-mail back from that guy. I figured it was because of the holiday's but now I'm not so sure. So anything could have happened.

I am still looking for a Sulcata. Please E-mail if you have one, or anything like that.

[email protected]

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Anyone see the Sulcatas in the August issue of TSA? One guy is holding one in front him that is the size of a Hope(less) Chest.

http://www.turtlesurvival.org

Love the Head Start articles.

chadk

10 Year Member!
I thought there was a sulcata crisis in this country. Are you getting tons of PMs with rescues letting you know they have a tort needing a good home??

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What's that sound I hear? Is that crickets chirping?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Since this thread is 5 months old, I doubt she is checking it, so the crickets have probably eaten HOLES in it by now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.