Humph on a Sunday .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
So here is the old man (Humphry) he did not look juicy enough for me today...so a dunk for the old man wan in order....he usually is a great soaker...but there are days he just is not having it...so after me leaving him to his own devices for about half an hour he began his own way out....

Also, thought I would share a pic of his mini burrow ....he has been with me for some time now ( I knew him when he had a different host and that person relinquished him to me, thankfully :D) and he had a salivary gland issue so had to skip a year of brumation and had to endure being pestered and babied (embarrassing for him I am sure) by me for a few seasons...well this last season he suddenly recalled he is a grown CDT and dug his own digs...he still uses the above ground desert shack he was partial to...but usually sleeps now in his hole....

His annoyed look in one is realizing I am walking away...not that he was missing me...but away walked his chances for any further hibiscus this day....lol...

humph showing off.jpeghump sizing the situation up....jpegHumphs personal digs 09-22-13.jpegAnnoyed Humph,...wants more flowers.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
The only reason I'm sad about not living in a warm climate. I always wanted one of those beauties.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet looks like you are a great tortoise keeper.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Sweet looks like you are a great tortoise keeper.

They just keep me around because I have a drivers license and can go on goodie runs for them....

Love the pic of him hanging on the side

Chris, he has really come into himself in the last couple of years, he was literally on deaths door at one time....he is a trooper and I just love his tenacity....so when he gets a bit rowdy I smile and cheer him on....so true to form for the species...

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Glad he is doing well, pretty good looking old fellow. I wish I had more time and space I would get some CDT. I had a few about 35 years ago

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Humphrey sure is handsome, Angela. And looks like he has some very comfy digs. Thanks for sharing the pix.

Status
Not open for further replies.