Humidity and hibernation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozric

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
In the past I've hibernated my Hermanns in a basically dry substrate and haven't measured the humidity in the refridgerator or done anything to raise it such as placing a bowl of water in the fridge.

Should I be taking measures to maintain humidity during hibernation, and if so - how much?

Thanks for your thoughts....

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi Jonathan,
I would at least be measuring the humidity. I think keeping it between 40 and 50% would be good.

Danny

Ozric said:
In the past I've hibernated my Hermanns in a basically dry substrate and haven't measured the humidity in the refridgerator or done anything to raise it such as placing a bowl of water in the fridge.

Should I be taking measures to maintain humidity during hibernation, and if so - how much?

Ozric

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for that Danny, Jonathan

egyptiandan said:
Hi Jonathan,
I would at least be measuring the humidity. I think keeping it between 40 and 50% would be good.

Danny

Ozric said:

Status
Not open for further replies.