Howdy Ho from Texas!

Location (City and/or State)
Austin
Hey there! I'm a newer mom of two 9year old Sulcata tortoises! I was given them by a client,and had no knowledge of how to care for them or what they're all about, but had so much room and love and care to give! They're from the same hatch,and were supposed to be two females,but have recently (and to my horror) found out that at least one of them is actually a male due to the wonderful (not wonderful) flashing that pubescent males do when they've started to mature. I don't know anyone else who has sulcatas,so I'm glad to find a forum where I can ask questions and learn new things about them! Hope this post finds everyone well :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Hello and welcome to the forum :tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey there! I'm a newer mom of two 9year old Sulcata tortoises! I was given them by a client,and had no knowledge of how to care for them or what they're all about, but had so much room and love and care to give! They're from the same hatch,and were supposed to be two females,but have recently (and to my horror) found out that at least one of them is actually a male due to the wonderful (not wonderful) flashing that pubescent males do when they've started to mature. I don't know anyone else who has sulcatas,so I'm glad to find a forum where I can ask questions and learn new things about them! Hope this post finds everyone well :)
Hello and welcome. They should have never been housed as a pair. Time to separate them. Here is an example of a single night box that could house both of them with separate pens: