TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Redfoot NERD said:
So what do we do forum?

Terry K

I think the general consensus is and always has been if your animal sits still during a soak, then soak it ... if not, don't.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Wait! Maggie still hasn't posted an answer to Brooke's (alfiethetortoise) question: How does Bob get soaked? That is, when there isn't a mud puddle conveniently nearby? ;)

Taco is ambivalent about soaking, too...sometimes she'll stay in ther for five minutes, sometimes ten. When she starts to try to climb out, I figure she's had enough so I lift her out. :p

samstar

5 Year Member
Redfoot NERD said:
samstar said:
Water for humans can be a therapy but Torts, mine at least, it's stressful. However I still do feel there are more plus points from soaking than not. I will continue soaking but just wanted him to get used to it. I guess there is no easy way around it other than to just keep soaking but maybe 5 minutes instead of 10 minutes on alternate days. He does have a water dish in his enclosure which he drinks from.

Then samstar.. you have provided him what he needs! I was under the impression all along here you couldn't get him to even drink from a waterdish.

Who gave you the idea that you need do anything else? You feel stressing him is o.k. then?

So what do we do forum?

Terry K

Thanks. I am only worried in case he is not getting enough from his waterdish.

Status
Not open for further replies.