How to Entice Tort to Eat Aloe or Cucumber?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi, not late! I’m trying to keep the day temps 90-95. Lately, the temp won’t get over 88 for some strange reason, night lately 59 instead of 65. He seems to enjoy 91-92 best. I’ve even changed the bulb. I’ve been soaking Matteo for an hour and coaxing him to eat some aloe lately. He pooped almost normal volume yesterday except misshapen, and then just now he pooped almost like usual. Not quite the same volume, but close. Yay!

If anyone knows how to get the temp up to normal, please let me know. The fixture is even down in bin, though I know it’s not advised. I’ll be adding a new CHE for the night, but not sure how to get daytime temps back up.

Thanks.
Just a thought - are you taking the temp at tort level?
Some people place thermometers too high and because heat rises they don't get the temps at tort level.
A digital temp gun is great for spot checking the different areas.
Make sure you run the che through a thermostat so that it turns on and off to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Quixx66

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Just a thought - are you taking the temp at tort level?
Some people place thermometers too high and because heat rises they don't get the temps at tort level.
A digital temp gun is great for spot checking the different areas.
Make sure you run the che through a thermostat so that it turns on and off to make sure it doesn't get too hot.
I took Tom’s suggestion, and I’ve been putting the hygrometer on the basking slate, so it about the same as tort level. I need to get a plain thermometer for that spot soon because it’s not measuring humidity in the rest of the bin well that way. I do have a temp gun. That’s how I realized how cool the far side is getting. I did get an exact CHE thermostat combo also recommended by a member. I think I need another thermometer with an alarm though for more spots.
Thanks.