How are we growing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
So, I have been weighing and measuring Little Foot and Spike every Sunday for the last 3 weeks. I also give them a REAL good look over and take a few photos. I'm going to update the pics and info on this thread every week. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Spike's stats:
2 weeks: 4.3 cm
3 weeks: 5.0 cm and 50 grams
4 weeks: 6.0 cm and 60 grams
5 weeks: 6.1 cm and 60 grams

image-3660291888.png

image-3361963404.png

image-2157558141.png

image-3763151556.png

Little Foot's stats:
2 weeks: 4.5 cm
3 weeks: 5.75 cm 50 grams
4 weeks: 6 cm 60 grams
5 weeks: 6 cm 60 grams :(

Little Foot's shell isn't as nice and rounded like Spike's. It's also kinda rough. Also, when I applied some pressure on it today it seemed a little more ply-able compared to Spike's. I know they have some give in their plastron but what about their carapace?

image-3715701802.png

image-430431726.png

image-1255470088.png

image-500841284.png

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
They look like two good looking baby sulcata babies to me....keep up the good work. They are so much fun aren't they?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
OMG! They are SO great. I get up in the night just to look at them sleeping. They keep me busy...always looking for ways to improve their house and what I can use to re-purpose for something for them! My kids think its crazy that they are so time consuming.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Kim, they look great. Your routine agrees with them. Keep doing whatever you are doing. If they are getting sunshine, a good diet and some calcium supplementation a couple of times a week, don't worry about the pliability of their shells. All will be good.

I've got two problems though. (I'm sure you've already heard both)
Please. For the love of all that is holy, please figure out tinypic.com or photobucket... :)

Second, I hate seeing them in pairs. Hate it. It's almost always a problem. Get a third or raise the, separately. Please. :)

BTW, have OCD, so feel free to disregard my ranting... :D

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Very beautiful babies! I agree with Tom in that you should probably add another one or two or ten to your pair. :D

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Tom said:
Kim, they look great. Your routine agrees with them. Keep doing whatever you are doing. If they are getting sunshine, a good diet and some calcium supplementation a couple of times a week, don't worry about the pliability of their shells. All will be good.

I've got two problems though. (I'm sure you've already heard both)
Please. For the love of all that is holy, please figure out tinypic.com or photobucket... :)

Second, I hate seeing them in pairs. Hate it. It's almost always a problem. Get a third or raise the, separately. Please. :)

BTW, have OCD, so feel free to disregard my ranting... :D

I don't mind the ranting....it's how I learn. ;) And I value your opinion in whatever form it comes in.

So, the pic thing...I'm gonna say its not me. ;). I have the TFO app on my iPad and iPhone and this is how it is set up for pictures. I am the type of person that REALLY likes "there's an app for that". I will work on trying to find other ways through photobucket. Maybe I need to open TFO in Safari instead of using the app?

Do you think I need a 3rd now or can I wait a little while and then get a rescue? I would really like to wait and see what sexes I have before I add one.

Also, they get calcium, but I don't know how much exactly. I mix a few pinches of the powder in with their food a couple times a week but I don't know how much they actually get. Should I be doing it another way? Other than the calcium they get a varied diet and sunshine.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Just measured the littles ones today. Figured I would put it on here so I have it all in one place.

They are 20 weeks old! Both are 3.75 inches and Spike weighs 150 grams and Little Foot is 170 grams.

Here's their growth chart I made too!

image-1157426506.png

image-3541158326.png

Urtle

5 Year Member
LuckysGirl007 said:
Thanks. I prob should put new pics up..

Yes definitely should this is really interesting to see! Your babies are gorgeous!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Weights look great. You are doing excellent work.

I never saw your other reply back in September. Sorry for not answering. Your calcium routine sounds perfect to me. I would add a mineral supplement too. I like "MinerAll" and have been having very good success with it.

... and I agree. We need some pics.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Here ya go! I took them out to play in the front yard for an hour or so. Little Foot was very cooperative but Spike just kept running away.

image-2637965665.png

image-1273817791.png

image-3317004456.png

image-2470179863.png

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
They look awesome! Thanks for posting the chart info too, my Ryan is a few weeks younger than yours, this will be good for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.